Arizona is a “school choice” state and to help parents make an informed decision about Skyline Gila River is the right school for their child, Skyline Gila River uses an interview process; however, a student or parent attending an interview is not a condition of enrollment. We use the information provided to get to know our potential students better. Required Documents to be turned in prior to enrollment.
- Birth Certificate or other reliable proof of the student’s age and identity, such as a baptismal certificate, an application for a social security number or original school registration records and an affidavit explaining the inability to provide a copy of the birth certificate.
- Residency Form with Required Documents
- Immunization Records
- IEP if applicable (must be reviewed through the SpEd Department before enrollment). IEP information is used for placement and continuity of services, not as a determinate of enrollment
- Withdrawal Form (required before a student can start) from last school attended.
- Notarized Legal Documentation of custody or placement if Guardian, Foster, or Group Home Parent
- Tribal Enrollment Documentation (if applicable)
A.R.S. § 15-184 (A, B, E)
Skyline Gila River District 5 does not limit admission based on ethnicity, national origin, gender, income level, disabling condition, proficiency in English language, or athletic ability.
Skyline Gila River District 5 has a fair and equitable policy to enroll all eligible students in grades 5-12, who submit a timely application, unless the number of applicants exceeds the capacity of the school facility. Skyline Gila River District 5 gives enrollment preference only to those students who are returning to the school for the second or any subsequent year of operation and to siblings of pupils who are already enrolled in Skyline Gila River District 5. Should the number of eligible enrollment applications exceed the capacity of a grade level, Skyline Gila River District 5 will utilize a lottery system. The lottery will also determine waiting list order for any unselected applications. Applications received after the open enrollment window closes will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Skyline Gila River District 5 may refuse to admit any pupil who has been expelled from another educational institution or who is withdrawn while in the process of being expelled from another educational institution.